Types of buffets
The following types of buffets are generally found in some of the Best Buffet Restaurants and could be selected according to the requirements of the customer.
- Cafeteria style: In this type of buffet, customers are required to select plates of food according to their choice while waiting in a queue. The cafeteria-style buffet is less frequently practised in restaurants.
- All You Can Eat: The name says it all! These buffet styles are considered as the most beneficial investments on behalf of the customers as they would have to pay a single price for serving themselves with a wide assortment of delicacies. However, it is interesting to note that the popularity of All You Can Eat buffets is waning due to the increasing threats of obesity.
- Healthy Buffets: These concepts are followed by restaurants that provide soups, fresh produce and salad bars in their menus and promote healthy eating habits. However, these could not be considered as one of the Best Buffet Restaurants owing to the criticisms on the basis of the higher calorie content of specific menu items.
- Catered buffets: The catered buffets approach is followed by restaurants which specialize in business meetings, special occasions, and weddings as well as holiday parties and also involve facilities of off-site catered buffets in certain cases.
Pros and Cons of restaurant buffets
While it is explicitly observed that the Best Buffet Restaurants have changed the way people looked at dining alongside reforming the traditional approaches followed in the restaurant business, it is also important to focus on the positive as well as negative sides to buffet restaurants.
- Restaurants could leverage the benefit of minimal workforce required for conducting buffets. Furthermore, a lot of customers could be served at once thereby implying the promising opportunities for higher income.
- Buffets serve as promotional tactics and can be used to lure in customers who would not have dined at a restaurant otherwise due to budget concerns.
- The pricing of the buffet menu in the Best Buffet Restaurants is tailored to provide opportunities to customers for enjoying diverse cuisines and delicacies without making a dent in their budgets.
- On the contrary, restaurants also face limitations especially in terms of profit margins as buffets generally cost less than the conventional sit-down dinner.