There are various qualities in erythritol which make it a standout as a sugar alcohol. Have a glance on such qualities which are mentioned below:
- It is non-caloric (it has zero calories) while most sugar alcohols are low calorie.
- It is made by fermenting the natural sugar that is found in corn.
- It is used as an antioxidant as it helps in fighting free radicals that are responsible for the aging process. It is excreted unchanged as it is so readily absorbed. This is one of the main reasons that it is considered even more sufficient in comparison to other sugar alcohols.
- Erythritol is non-glycemic as it does not raise blood sugar. It is considered suitable for diabetic people as it does not raise insulin level or plasma glucose
- It has noncarcinogenic quality. It has been observed in various studies that it does not have carcinogenic properties like Xylitol.
- It’s ideal for digestion. It’s more effective for ending up various diseases and symptoms like diarrhea along with many others. It is easier to digest than Xylitol.
- Heat stable up to 160 degree Celsius.
- In Unites States of America (USA), FDA has approved its status as GRAS (Generally Recognized As Safe) and is widely used in various other countries such as European union, Japan, Canada, Mexico along with many other countries.
Thus, you can see that erythritol has many features which make them a standout as a sugar alcohol. There are numerous products available in the market, which are healthful for the people especially for the diabetic people. Medical experts also recommend erythritol products to the people according to their specific needs and requirements. If you have no any idea about these products, you need not to be worried. Go through the Internet where you can get numerous websites, which provide information about it.